Cheese and Caramelised Onion Pasty
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for emmenthal and cheddar cheese and onion shortcrust pasty – made with Jus-Rol’s puff pastry, this easy pasty is a family favourite.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Oval – thawed
- 25 g Caramelised onions (or use onion marmalade)
- 25 g Grated Emmenthal or Cheddar cheese
- Few leaves of fresh thyme
- Beaten egg for glazing
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7
- Place the onion on one half of the pasty, leaving a border around the edge. Top with the cheese and a little thyme, and brush the edges with egg glaze.
- Fold the uncovered half over to cover the cheese, press the edges together to form a good seal and knock up the edges with a sharp knife. Make two slits in the top of the pasty and brush with egg glaze. Scatter with further thyme and bake for 15 minutes until pastry is risen and golden.
- Serve scattered with more thyme.