Cherry, Pear & Almond Pie
40 minutes bake time
Try this tasty cherry, pear and almond pie recipe for a delicious treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry, allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 x 320 g pack ready rolled Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 egg white, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 50 g Ground almonds
- 2-3 ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm pieces
- 250 g cherries, halved and stoned
- 1 tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 50 g flaked almonds
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling
- Baking tray
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 6
- Unroll the pastry sheet and transfer to baking tray, lightly brush all over with beaten egg white and scatter over the ground almonds.
- Put the pears and cherries in a large bowl with the sugar and cornflour and mix together. Spread evenly over the pastry leaving a 2cm border. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bring up border of the pastry to form a wall, pinching it together to keep it standing up. Brush the sides of the pastry with the egg white and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden and the fruit is cooked.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.