Chicken, Leek & Chestnut Mushroom No Dish Pie
20 minutes bake time
Find out how to make chicken, leek and chestnut mushroom no dish pie with this easy recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter shortcrust pastry.
- 4 Jus-Rol, Shortcrust Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 6 Medium leeks, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 150 g butter
- 900 g Skinless Free Range English Chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 200 g Chestnut mushrooms, wiped, halved and sliced
- 375 ml English White wine
- Salt and black pepper
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 150 ml Crème fraiche
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Further fresh thyme for garnish if desired
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Sauté the leeks in the butter in a large frying pan until just tender, remove with a slotted spoon and put the chicken into pan. Cook briskly, stirring all the while until sealed on all sides, then add mushrooms to the pan and continue cooking for a further 4 – 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and bubble over a medium heat until the liquid is reduced to a third, remove from the heat and stir in leeks, crème fraiche, thyme leaves and seasonings. Allow to cool.
- From the pastry sheets cut 12 x 16cm discs and 12 x 11cm discs. Lay the large pastry discs on a lined baking sheet and divide the cooled chicken mixture between them, spreading into an even layer, but leaving a border round the edge of each approx. 2cm.
- Brush the borders with beaten egg, then lay the smaller pastry discs over the filling and brush them with beaten egg. Bring up the pastry borders and pinch into the top pastry to form a seal, brush again with egg glaze and sprinkle with a little thyme.
- Make two small steam holes in the top of each pie and bake for 18 – 20 minutes until pastry golden brown.