Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie
This is the perfect recipe to use up that leftover chicken from your weekend roast!
A pie is also a great way to make meat go that little bit further when feeding the whole family. This recipe is so simple to make and it’s quick enough to be cooked-up mid-week.
There’s no need to faff about with making your own pastry either as a sheet of Jus-Rol’s puff pastry fits perfectly on top, and with enough to create this impressive lattice effect too!
- 40g butter
- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 40g plain flour
- 300mls chicken stock
- 100mls milk
- 70g cheddars grated
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 300g cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 x 320g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC Fan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the leeks and cook until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour, then blend in the stock and milk. Stir until thickened. Add the cheese, thyme and chicken. Spoon into a small ovenproof dish. Leave to cool.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and trim into a rectangle to fit the surface of the dish and place on top of the filling. Brush with beaten egg. Roll out the trimmings of the pastry and slice into thin strips and place over the top of the pastry to make a lattice effect. Brush with more egg.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until golden and crisp.