Chicken & Pesto Tart
20 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this easy recipe for chicken and pesto tart – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry and ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheet
- Egg yolk or milk to glaze
- 4 – 5tbsp Green pesto
- 300g Chicken, cooked & cut into thin strips
- 8 – 10 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g Spinach leaves, washed (optional)
- Baking tray
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 7.
- Unroll the pastry sheet onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the chicken and the halved tomatoes with the pesto and spread over the sheet, leaving a border all round edges so the pastry can puff up.
- Top with fresh spinach leaves if desired.
- Brush the border with beaten egg yolk or milk and bake for approx. 20 minutes until the pastry is risen and deep golden.