Chocolate, Hazelnut & Banana Croissants
Entertain your mini creative-cooks in the kitchen with these fun and tasty croissants filled with chocolate hazelnut spread and banana. Let them decorate the top with fun faces. A great brunch option for weekends or holidays, sure to please the whole family!
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Croissants
- 4tbsp leveled chocolate and hazelnut spread
- 18 thin slices banana (approx. ½ banana)
- 1tbsp leveled chopped hazelnuts
- Beaten egg to glaze
- 12 large milk chocolate buttons
- 12 whole hazelnuts
- 30g milk chocolate, melted
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160 fan assisted ovens/gas mark 4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Open the croissant can and unroll the dough. Separate the dough into 6 triangles according to packet instructions.
- Spoon 2 tsp chocolate and hazelnut spread onto each triangle and use a knife to gently spread in a thin layer, leaving an approx. 1cm border clear.
- Place 3 banana slices on each triangle and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
- Roll up the triangles from the shortest edge, over the filling, to make croissants.
- Place on the baking sheet and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and risen.
- Let cool then decorate with your favourite toppings. Be as creative as you want! We used milk chocolate buttons and whole hazelnuts to create eyes and a filled a piping bag with melted milk chocolate to pipe on smiley faces.