Christmas Tree Treats
15 minutes bake time
Enjoy an afternoon of fun with the kids baking up these tasty Christmas tree-shaped treats.
- 1 x 320g pack Jus-Rol™ Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheet
- 30g softened butter
- 60g pecan nuts, blitzed until finely chopped
- 20g light soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Wooden spoon
- 10-12 long wooden skewers
- Small star cookie cutter
- Baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6. Unroll the pastry sheet, cut off a quarter from the length and set aside.
- Combine the butter, nuts, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, mix well with a wooden spoon and spread over the remaining three-quarters of the pastry.
- Using a sharp knife, cut strips of pastry from the shorter side, approximately 2cm wide. Carefully pick up a strip of pastry and fold back and forth on itself, starting wider at the bottom (5-6cm) and narrower at the top, like a Christmas tree (see video for reference). Take a wooden skewer and push through the middle of each layer, making sure that the layers are spread out evenly. Leave enough skewer at the top for the stars. Repeat until you have 10-12 trees.
- Stamp out 10-12 small stars from the remaining pastry with a small cookie cutter. Skewer a star onto the top of each tree.
- Transfer the trees to a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the pastry is puffed up and golden. Sprinkle with a light dusting of icing sugar to serve
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging about 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- You could make savoury trees with pesto and a little grated Parmesan!