Cinnamon Swirl Hearts
12 minutes bake time
These heart-shaped cinnamon pastries are a lovely breakfast treat. Serve warm with some fresh berries for a delicious start to the day.
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Cinnamon Swirls
- Baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Wire rack
- Small bowl
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Open the can and twist to remove the dough. Cut the rolled dough into 6 equal slices. Gently unroll each slice. To make a heart shape, re-roll the ends of each slice into small swirls. Place on the baking sheet with the swirls side-by-side. Pull down and pinch the rest of the dough slice to form a point for the bottom of the heart shape. Repeat to make 6 heart shapes in total.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Empty the pot of icing sugar from the can into a small bowl and add 1-1½ teaspoons of water, stirring well to separate any sugar lumps and to form a smooth icing. Drizzle or pipe the icing over the warm cinnamon hearts. Serve immediately.
- For a tangy icing to drizzle over the warm pastries, mix the pot of icing sugar with lemon juice instead of water.
- Sprinkle the warmed iced pastries with toasted flaked almonds or finely chopped pistachios, if you like.