Festive Mince Pie Twists
15 minutes bake time
Don’t worry if you don’t have any great talent for baking, these festive twists are just delicious and so easy to make. A modern spin on traditional mince pies with some orange zest and a pinch of cinnamon to spice things up.
- 2 x 320g Jus-Rol Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry Sheets
- 411g jar mincemeat
- zest of 1 large orange
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A little icing sugar, to finish
- Rolling pin
- 2 large baking trays
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, (180°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 5.
- Carefully unroll out the ready-rolled pastry sheets. Use the greaseproof paper supplied with the pastry to line two large baking trays.
- Spread one pastry sheet with the mincemeat evenly to the edges.
- Grate over a generous amount of orange zest and place the remaining pastry sheet on top.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the pastry evenly. Use your hands to press the sugar mixture into the pastry.
- Cut into 16 equal-sized strips and twist each strip holding both ends and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until golden. Allow to cool, sieve over the icing sugar before serving.
- Enjoy with crème fraiche, cream or ice-cream.