Filo Tartlets with Roasted Onions, Tomatoes and Goats Cheese
10 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for filo tartlets with onions, tomatoes and goat’s cheese. Made with Jus-Rol filo pastry and garnished with scattered herbs.
- 1 x 500g pack Jus-Rol™ Frozen Filo Pastry, thawed Melted butter for brushing
- Melted butter for brushing
- 45 cherry tomatoes
- 10 Red onions, peeled and cut into 6-8 wedges each
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Few sprigs fresh thyme or basil leaves
- 400g Goats cheese, choose the crotins for ease of slicing
- Pastry Brush
- Sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Open out filo sheets and fold up the short side to mark one third, then using this as a guide cut the stack into three equal thirds.
- Lay one piece of filo on the work surface, brush lightly with melted butter and lay a second piece on top, at right angles to the first so you have a large ‘cross’. Brush top piece as before, then use to line a shallow, individual tartlet tin/dish which has also been lightly brushed. Scrunch up overlapping pastry to form a ‘rustic’ edge and continue with all remaining pastry.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes until golden brown, remove from tins, allow to cool and then store in an airtight container until ready to use. These may be stored for up to 3 weeks then refreshed in a warm oven, or alternatively you can use immediately.
For the filling
- Lay prepped onions and whole tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and scatter with herbs and roast in a medium oven for 15-20 minutes. Divide between the cases with slices of goat’s cheese and return to oven just before serving to soften the cheese and warm through. Scatter with further herbs and serve.