Full English Croissant ring
15 minutes bake time
This great full English croissant ring is great for a breakfast and brunch meal idea. This easy recipe from Jus-Rol is a true winner.
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml milk
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 5 tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cans of Jus-Rol Ready-to-Bake Croissants Dough
- Beaten to seal and glaze
- 12 rashers cooked streaky bacon
- Large baking tray
- Large non stick frying pan
- Preheat the oven to 200c/ 180 fan assisted ovens/gas mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Prepare the filling; whisk the eggs and milk together until well until combined. Season to taste.
- Heat the olive oil over a low-medium heat in a non-stick frying pan, add the egg mixture and allow to sit for 30 seconds – 1 minute then gently fold and stir with a spatula. Allow to sit for a further 30 seconds – 1 minute and fold and stir again. Repeat. After 2 minutes add the tomatoes and cook for a further 8-9 minutes until completely the egg has completely cooked through. One minute before the end of cooking time turn up the heat to allow for any liquid from the tomatoes to evaporate. Drain off any excess liquid. Let cool slightly.
- Open the Croissant dough cans. Unroll the dough and use a knife to separate the triangles by cutting along the perforated lines.
- Lay the triangles in a circle so the bases overlap slightly. You will end up with a large star shape. Brush all over with beaten egg. This will help it to stick together.
- Place a rasher of cooked bacon along each point of the star. Spoon the egg around in a circle over the thickest part of the dough. Bring each point up and over the egg, tucking underneath on the other side to enclose the filling. Brush the top with egg wash.