Gruyère, onion and fennel tart
20 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this easy recipe for gruyère, onion and fennel tart – made with Jus-Rol’s shortcrust pastry sheets and ready in 40 minutes.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ All butter shortcrust pastry sheet
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel , halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions – thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 125ml single cream
- 100g gruyere cheese
- Salt & black pepper
- Frying pan
- 23cm Shallow baking tin
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Chopping Board
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas M.
- Sauté three quarters of the fennel and the onions in oil until tender then cool completely.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and use to line a shallow baking tin.
- Cover the pastry with the onion and fennel. Beat together the eggs, cream and seasonings then grate approx. 60g of the cheese and stir through the egg mix. Pour this over the onions, cut remaining cheese into small cubes and toss over tart along with the remaining fennel slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden and filling has set.
- Serve warm cut into squares.