- Method: Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas M.
- Sauté three quarters of the fennel and the onions in oil until tender then cool completely.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and use to line a shallow baking tin
- Cover the pastry with the onion and fennel. Beat together the eggs, cream and seasonings then grate approx. 60g of the cheese and stir through the egg mix. Pour this over the onions, cut remaining cheese into small cubes and toss over tart along with the remaining fennel slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden and filling has set.
Serve warm cut into squares.