Lentil and Roasted Vegetable Filo Triangles
20 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for lentil and roasted vegetable filo triangles – made with Jus-Rol’s filo pastry sheets.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ filo pastry sheets
- 50g lentils, cooked
- 1 Medium courgette, thickly sliced
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and cut in to wedges
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 Small aubergine, thickly sliced
- 1tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- olive oil for drizzling/ melted butter for brushing
- Baking paper
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C /400°F/ Gas M 6.
- Lay vegetables on baking sheet, drizzle with oil and roast for 15 – 20 minutes until tender. Allow to cool. When cooled mix together with lentils and pesto and season to taste.
- Open out pastry sheets and cut in half down their length.
- Brush each strip lightly with butter and place spoonfuls of filling at one end of strip and fold up. Brush again with melted butter.
- Lower heat in oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas M 4 and bake triangles for 12 – 20 minutes depending on the size you have formed.
- Lower heat in oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas M 4 and bake triangles for 20 minutes.
- From each pack you will get 12 large triangles; 36 medium and 48 small ones.
- If you are making the medium sized triangles you may need to cut the vegetables down in size.