45 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this easy recipe for Manchester tart – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry sheets, best served cold.
- 1 Jus-Rol, Puff pastry ready rolled sheet chilled
- 350g Raspberry jam
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 275ml milk
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g butter
- 3 large eggs separated
- 100g caster sugar, plus a little extra for dusting
- 1tbsp brandy
- Oblong flan tin
- Use the pastry sheet to line the tin, prick the base well with a fork and spread with jam.
- Put lemon rind and milk in saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and strain over breadcrumbs, then allow to stand for 5 mins.
- Beat in butter, egg yolks, 25g of the caster sugar & brandy. Pour mixture onto jam and bake for 25 -30 minutes until it has set and pastry is golden.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the remaining sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Pile on top of the tart spreading gently to the edges and then turn to oven for 15 minutes until meringue has browned.
- Serve cold.