Mexican Chicken Tarts
15 minutes bake time
This lovely combination of chicken in salsa with peppers makes a perfect topping for a light pastry base, lower in fat so enjoy without worrying!
- Jus-Rol™ Light Shortcrust Pastry Sheet
- 150g Chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- ½ small Onion, sliced
- ½ Red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ Yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 150-200g Salsa
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- 1 small Avocado, diced and tossed in a little lemon juice (optional)
- Bunch fresh coriander, to serve
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas M6.
- Unroll pastry sheet and cut into 4 and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Mix the chicken, onion and some of the pepper with a light coating of salsa and evenly spread over pastry leaving a border all round of approx. 2cm.
- Scatter the remaining pepper strips on top, brush borders with beaten egg and pinch up all round to form a rim. Brush outside of pastry with egg and bake for approx. 15 minutes.
- Combine the diced avocado with a little of the remaining salsa and a handful of chopped coriander.
- Serve the tarts hot topped with a little avocado salsa and scattered with coriander.