Mini Apple & Cinnamon Croissants
13 minutes bake time
Serve these crisp and flaky croissants with a fruity apple and cinnamon filling as a sweet treat for breakfast – kids will love them!
- 1 red skinned apple (about 150g), halved, cored and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Croissants
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Large baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Mix together the apple, caster sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Open the can of croissant dough. Unroll the dough and use a knife to separate the triangles cutting along the perforated lines. Cut each triangle in half to make 12 small triangles in total (see Tips). Place on the baking sheet.
- Scatter the apple mixture over the triangles. Gently roll up each triangle of dough from the shorter side to the opposite corner and curve to create a crescent shape.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool for 4-5 minutes, then remove from the baking sheet, dust with icing sugar and serve.
- Once halved, the smaller triangles will not all be the same shape, so gently stretch the dough if needed, to form triangles that have one shorter side.
- These are best eaten warm from the oven but they will keep in an airtight container for 1 day. Reheat at 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6 for 5-7 minutes before serving.