Mini Chorizo & Pepper Croissants
15 minutes bake time
These mini savoury croissants are a change from the usual sweet ones! They make a tasty snack for any time of the day.
- 70g diced chorizo
- 50g ready-roasted peppers (from a jar), drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Croissants
- Large baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Medium bowl
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Mix together the chorizo, pepper and parsley in a bowl.
- Open the can of croissant dough. Unroll the dough and use a knife to separate the triangles cutting along the perforated lines. Cut each triangle in half to make 12 small triangles in total (see Tips).
- Place a teaspoonful of the chorizo mixture along the shorter edge of each triangle. Gently roll up each triangle of dough from the side with the filling to the opposite corner and curve to create a crescent shape. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool for 4-5 minutes before serving.
- Once halved, the smaller triangles will not all be the same shape, so gently stretch the dough if needed, to form triangles that have one shorter side.
- Instead of the roasted peppers you could try chopped pitted black olives or grated manchego cheese.