Oven Roasted Vegetables and Pesto Tart
18 minutes bake time
Lightly cooked and tossed in butter with fresh herbs stirred through. You can use them with sweet or savoury fillings.
- Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust Pastry Sheet
- 1/2 Butternut squash
- 1 Leek
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 15ml Olive oil, for drizzling
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 2tbsp pesto
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- Baking paper
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas M6.
- Cut the vegetables into evenly sized chunks & lay on a baking sheet along with the sprigs of rosemary. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and place into a preheated oven to cook until just tender approximately 20-30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut into 4. Spread each quarter with the pesto leaving a 2-3cm boarder all the way around.
- Scatter the cooled roasted vegetables over the pesto. Brush pastry boarder with beaten egg and fold up the edges to contain the filling. Place in a preheated oven for 15- 18 minutes until border is golden brown. Serve immediately.