Patchwork Blueberry & Peach Pie
40 minutes bake time
A traditional patchwork pie with the sweet blueberries and peaches. Try this recipe now by clicking the link here.
- 6 large peaches, stoned and cut into wedges
- 300g blueberries
- 50g caster sugar
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For The Top:
- 1 x 320g ready-rolled sheet Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Demerara sugar
- Deep 23cm pie dish
- Pizza or pasta wheel cutter
- Put the peach wedges and blueberries into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the caster sugar, cornflour and cinnamon and toss together to coat all of the fruit.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan oven) Gas Mark 5. Spoon the fruit into a deep 23cm pie dish.
- Unroll the pastry then brush all over with some beaten egg and sprinkle over the granulated and Demerara sugar. Use a pizza wheel cutter to roughly slice the pastry into lots of squares. Haphazardly put them all over the top of the fruit and pie dish rim – it doesn’t matter if you leave patches of the fruit showing through.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the pastry is dark golden and crisp. Best served with vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or crème fraiche.