Pea, Parmesan and Courgette Tart
50 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this easy recipe for pea, parmesan and courgette tart – made with Jus-Rol’s shortcrust pasty, it’s perfect for weekend lunches.
- 1 x 500g Shortcrust Pastry Block
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 Courgettes cut into ribbons
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 200g peas defrosted
- 2 eggs
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 30g parmesan cheese
- Handful of rocket leaves to serve
- 23cm Fluted tart Tin Baking paper
- Baking paper
- Baking Beans
- Wire rack
- Medium bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6.
- Roll the pastry to a 3mm thickness and transfer into the fluted tart tin. Using a fork, gently prick base of pastry and add a sheet of greaseproof paper on top. Fill with baking beans and blind bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and paper, brush with beaten egg and return to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4.
- Heat a griddle pan and add the courgettes, oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook for a few minutes then leave to cool slightly in a bowl.
- Once cooled add the peas, toss well and tip into the tart case.
- Beat the eggs and crème fraîche together in a jug, add the grated parmesan and pour into the tart. Place the tart on to a baking sheet and place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve with rocket.