Pissaladiere with Tomatoes
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for pissaladiere with tomatoes, anchovies and black olives – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter puff pastry and ready in 20 minutes.
- 1 x 500g Block Jus-Rol™ All butter puff pastry
- 50g butter
- 2tbsp of olive oil
- 4 onions Peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 300g tomato Sliced
- Approx 36 anchovy fillets Drained
- 36 black olives
- 1 egg, beaten
- Large frying pan
- Rolling Pin
- Cooling Rack
- Preheat oven to 220ºC, (200ºC for fan assisted), 425ºF, Gas Mark 7.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onions until they are a golden brown. Add a few sprigs of thyme towards, season and then allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out pastry to a rectangle roughly 30cm x 20cm / 12 x 8’. Cut out 4 small rectangles and place on a lined baking sheet and score a border around the edges.
- Divide the cooled onion between the rectangles and spread to within the borders, and top with some thinly sliced tomato. Then arrange the anchovy fillets on top in a criss-cross pattern and finally dot the olives amongst the anchovies and scatter more thyme leaves over the top.
- Add the anchovy fillets on top in a criss-cross pattern, dot the olives amongst the anchovies and scatter more thyme leaves over the top.
- Brush the borders with beaten egg and bake for approx. 15 minutes until pastry is risen and golden brown. Serve warm or cold.