Plum & Ginger Autumn Tart
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious plum and ginger autumn tart recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol all butter shortcrust pastry and ready in 30 minutes.
- 500g Jus-Rol™ All butter shortcrust pastry
- 1 rounded tbsp semolina
- 100g Demerara sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 500g English plums quartered and stones removed
- 2 pieces stem ginger in syrup
- 20 cm flan tin
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180º for fan assisted ovens) /400ºF/ Gas M6.
- Roll out pastry and line a 20 cm flan/tart tin or ring.
- Combine the semolina with 50g of sugar and one tsp of ground ginger. Scatter over base of pastry tart case.
- Arrange plums haphazardly in tart case. Thinly slice stem ginger pieces and place amongst plums. Combine remaining ground ginger and sugar and scatter over plums.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry golden brown and plums tender.
- Drizzle with a generous dessertspoonful of stem ginger syrup and serve warm or cold with cream, crème fraiche or ice cream.