Portobello Mushrooms and Garlic Butter Filo Tarts
15 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this recipe for Portobello mushrooms and garlic butter filo tarts – made with Jus-Rol’s filo pastry sheets and ready in 20 minutes.
- Jus-Rol™ Filo Pastry
- 75g Butter
- 6 Portobello mushrooms, wiped
- 2 Garlic cloves, skinned & finely chopped
- Bunch of Parsley, washed & chopped
- Black pepper
- Pastry Brush
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (170º fan assisted)/375ºF/ Gas M 5.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic and some of the chopped parsley.
- Open out the filo pastry and slice the stack of sheets in half across it’s length to give 2 stacks of rectangular pastry. Lay one sheet of pastry on a work surface, brush with the garlic butter and then lay a second piece on top, with corners offset. Brush again with butter.
- Place one mushroom stalk side up in centre of the brushed filo and bring up the filo, scrunching or folding gently to form a border around the sides of the mushroom. Place on a lined baking sheets and continue with remaining pastry and mushrooms.
- Brush tops of mushrooms generously with the garlic butter and bake for 12-15 minutes until pastry is dark golden brown and mushrooms cooked.
- Drizzle with any remaining butter and scatter with remaining chopped parsley.