Potato, Cheese & Leek Shortcrust Tarts
Keep it simple with this easy recipe for potato, cheese and leek shortcrust tarts - made with Jus-Rol's ready rolled shortcrust pastry sheets.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust pastry ready rolled sheet
- 10-12 New potato, washed and cut into 2-3 pieces
- 4 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 large leek - sliced
- 1 beaten egg to glaze
- 105g cheddar cheese, grated
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 6
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for approximately 10 mins or until just tender, drain well and cool.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut it into 4 equal rectangles, place on a lined baking sheet and spread each with wholegrain mustard.
- Divide the leeks and potato between the pastry leaving a border.
- Brush borders with beaten egg and pinch up around sides to form a wall. Brush again with beaten egg and scatter each tart with grated cheese.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes until pastry is golden and cheese melted.