Potato, Sweetcorn and Pea Tart
40 minutes bake time
Enjoy this heart-warming tart this winter with this simple recipe. Combining potatoes with sweet corn and fresh green peas this tart will warm the tummy.
- 1.5kg Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry
- 5 medium onions (900g), chopped
- 4tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1.2kg Maincrop potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 x 340g cans no added salt sweetcorn, drained
- 400g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 ltr semi skimmed milk
- 12 large eggs
- 350g 30% less fat medium grated cheddar cheese
- Baking Tin
- Cut the pastry in two and roll out each portion to a rectangle to fit 25x35cm shallow baking tin (Grundy tin). Lift the pastry into the tin, pressing it up the sides, trim the edges of the pastry if necessary. Repeat with the other portion then refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted)/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- To make the filling, cook the onions in the oil until softened and golden. Cut the cooked potatoes into small dice. Spread the onions between the two pastry bases, scatter over the potatoes then add a layer of peas and sweetcorn.
- Beat the milk and eggs together with seasoning, pour over the vegetables, scatter with cheese and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until set and the top and pastry are golden.
- Cut each tart into 12 portions and serve with salad.