Raspberry & Lemon Mess Tart
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious raspberry and lemon tart for a sweet treat any day. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry.
- 500g pack JusRol shortcrust pastry
- A little flour
- 250ml whipping cream
- 2tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- ½ jar ready-made lemon curd
- 125g raspberries
- 3 ready-made meringues
- Rolling Pin
- 20cm round loose bottomed tart tin
- Baking Beans
- Greaseproof paper
- Sharp knife
- Electric Mixer
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until big enough to line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin with an overhang. Press the overhang down over the sides of the tin. Line the pastry with greaseproof, fill with baking beans and bake for 25 mins. Remove the paper and beans and cook for 10 more mins until sandy and golden.
- Leave the pastry case aside until completely cool.
- When the tart case is cool, use a small serrated knife to trim off the overhang, leaving you with a neat top. Lift the pastry case from the tin onto a serving plate. Put the cream and sifted icing sugar in a big bowl and beat with an electric whisk until it’s just holding its shape.
- Alternate dolloping in big spoonfuls of cream and small spoonfuls of lemon curd, scattering with raspberries and smashing over meringue until everything is used up. Slice or spoon, and serve immediately.