Raspberry & Creamy Custard Open Tart
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious raspberry and creamy custard open tart recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry and ready in under 40 minutes.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 10ml milk [for brushing]
- 250g raspberries
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 300ml custard
- 400ml double cream
- Baking Sheet
- Sharp knife
- Electric Mixer
- Wire rack
- Preheat oven to 210°C (190°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 7.
- Unroll the pastry and lay on a lightly greased baking sheet. Mark the pastry with a knife 2.5cm from the edge and score in a crisscross pattern within the markings. Brush with the milk and place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool and lightly push the pastry down in the middle where it has puffed up. Carefully transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In the meantime put the raspberries into a saucepan with the sugar and cook for 2 minutes then put aside to cool. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then lightly fold in the custard to create a rippled effect.
- To assemble, spoon the cream custard over the pastry and add the raspberries and any juices. Serve immediately.