Red Onion and Goats Cheese Cases
15 minutes bake time
This delicate red onion & goats cheese case recipe is a delicious party snack or starter. Made with Jus-Rol pastry cases and garnished with thyme.
- 20 Jus-Rol™ Medium Pastry Cases
- Beaten egg to glaze
- 2 medium red onions, halved and each half cut into 5-6 wedges
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 100 g Goats cheese, cut into 20 small slices/wedges
- Few sprigs fresh thyme
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Place onion wedges on a heavy baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 12-15 minutes until just beginning to soften. Meanwhile, bake off the pastry cases as directed on pack, glazing with beaten egg.
- Once pastry cases are baked, remove from oven, press in lids and then place one onion wedge in each case along with a piece of goats cheese.
- If desired return to oven to just soften cheese or serve straight away garnished with a scattering of thyme leaves.