Quick Red Onion, Walnut and Blue Cheese Tarts
12 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this recipe for red onion, walnut and blue cheese tarts – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry and ready in 20 minutes.
- Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheet
- 4-6 tbsp Red onion marmalade
- 75g Walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 100g Blue cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 Thyme sprigs
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- Baking paper
- Baking Sheet
- Palette Knife
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut into four equal rectangles, place on a lined baking sheet and spread each with the red onion marmalade, leaving a small border all round.
- Top with the nuts and cheese and brush the borders with the beaten egg.
- Bring up the borders to form an edge around the filling, pinch to hold in place and brush again with the beaten egg. Scatter a little thyme over the tops and bake for 10–12 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese just melting.
- Serve warm scattered with more thyme leaves.