Roasted Vegetable Pies
15 minutes bake time
Try this roasted vegetable pies recipe, the perfect warmer for winter evenings. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and garnished with a sprig of rosemary.
- 8 Jus-Rol™ Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry Ovals, thawed
- 1 small Butternut squash, halved, de-seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 large Sweet potato, peeled and cut into medium chunks
- 2 Parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large Leeks, washed well and cut on the diagonal into short lengths
- 6 large Tomatoes
- 2 Red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- Chilli oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Red wine, cider or ale
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Baking Sheet
- Pie Dish
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Prepare all vegetables and lay on baking sheets, drizzle with chilli oil and scatter with fresh rosemary leaves.
- Roast until just tender and allow to cool.
- Divide the vegetables between 8 individual pie dishes, moisten with a splash of red wine, cider or ale.
- Brush rims with egg glaze, top with pastry lids and press edges to seal, make a slit in tops and egg glaze tops.
- Store in cool place, bake for 15 minutes. Garnish with sprig of rosemary.