Salmon, Basil and Lemon Turnovers
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for salmon, basil and lemon turnovers – made with Jus-Rol’s puff pastry and best served with a green leaf salad.
The combination of basil and lemon gives a lovely fresh taste to the salmon.
- Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheet
- 3 Salmon fillets, skinless
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- Zest of half a lemon
- 6-9 Basil Leaves
- Sharp knife
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180 Fan assisted/Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet, leaving it on it’s non stick paper. Gently fold the pastry into 3 equal pieces, across the length. This will mark the pastry. Gently unfold and cut into 3 pieces with a sharp knife over the markings.
- Tuck the thinner end of a salmon fillet under itself and place in the centre of a pastry rectangle. Repeat with the remaining salmon and pastry. Brush a border of egg all the way around each pastry rectangle approx 3cm wide.
- Place the spring onions on top of each fillet of salmon and sprinkle with lemon zest. Season the salmon with salt and black pepper and top each fillet with some fresh basil leaves.
- Fold the pastry over the salmon and gently press the edges of the pastry to seal. Brush the pastry with more beaten egg and fold up the sides to make a parcel.
- Gently press the edge of the pastry with a fork. Place the parcels on a non-stick baking sheet. Make a small cross in the top of each parcel with the tip of a sharp knife then brush all over with beaten egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and golden.