Salmon with Watercress and Ginger Pillows
18 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for salmon with watercress and ginger pastry pillows – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter puff pastry, a guaranteed family favourite.
- 1 x 500g block Jus-Rol™ All butter puff pastry
- 50g butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- Black pepper & grated nutmeg
- 450g salmon, skinned and cut into chunks
- 1 bag (approx 80g) watercress main stalks removed
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/GasM7 Have ready a lined baking sheet.
- Melt butter and lightly sauté onion and ginger until onion just transparent, season with black pepper and nutmeg and allow to cool. Preheat oven to 220°C(200°C for fan assisted ovens) 425°F/Gas M 7.
- Roll out pastry to a rectangle approx. 30cm x 30cm / 12″ x 12 and cut into 4 equal squares.
- Combine salmon with onion mix and watercress leaves, reserving a few for garnish. Divide the salmon mixture between the four squares of pastry, placing it in the middle of each.
- Lightly brush the edges of one square with beaten egg, then bring up all four corners to meet in the middle, pressing the sides together to seal. Gently knock up the ‘seams’ and brush the whole with beaten egg. Repeat with remaining pastry squares.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 – 18 minutes until pastry risen and golden.
- This also makes an excellent starter – cut pastry into 8 squares and cut salmon into smaller chunks to allow ‘wrapping’.