Salmon and Watercress Tarts
15 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this recipe for salmon and watercress tarts – made with Jus-Rol’s shortcrust pastry, it’s the perfect lunch and ready in 20 minutes.
- Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust Pastry Block
- 4 Eggs
- 250ml Single cream
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 bag Watercress, finely chopped
- 2 Fillets smoked salmon
- Rolling Pin
- Tart Tin
- Sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens) 400ºF, Gas Mark 6.
- Divide and roll the pastry into 6 equal pieces and use each to line the individual tart tins..
- Beat together the eggs with the cream and season to taste. Finely chop the watercress and stir into egg mixture.
Divide salmon pieces between the tart cases, pour in the watercress mixture and bake for approx. 15 minutes until pastry is golden and the mixture is just set.
Serve hot or cold.