Sausage & Apple Plait
40 minutes bake time
Slice into a masterpiece at this weekend’s lunch with our sausage plait recipe. A delightful combination of sausage, apple, fresh parsley wrapped in puff pastry.
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol™ Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 small apple (approx 80g), peeled and grated
- 1tbsp good quality red onion marmalade
- 8 good quality lean sausages (approx 500g), slit and skins removed
- 2tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Baking tray
- Sharp knife
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage meat with the apple and red onion marmalade and parsley, season and mix well.
- Unroll the pastry and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Place the sausage mixture down the middle of the long length of the pastry. With a sharp knife, cut slits 3cm/1in apart, 1cm/½in away from the sausage mixture to the edge of the pastry, slanting away from you. Brush with beaten egg.
- Starting at the end nearest to you, fold the pastry alternately over each other, to give a ‘plait’ effect. Brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes, reducing the temperature to 150C/300F/Gas 2 after 20 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.