Sausage & Onion Croissant
20 minutes bake time
Impress your family with these delicious golden, flaky croissants with sausages & caramelised onion. Perfect as a snack or great for school lunchboxes!
- 1 can Jus-Rol Bake-it-Fresh Croissants
- 1tsp olive oil
- 2tsp sugar
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 thin chipolata sausages
- Baking Sheet
- Frying pan
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160 fan assisted ovens/gas mark 4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the onions. Sprinkle over the sugar and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes or until golden and caramelised.
- Open the croissant can and unroll the dough. Separate the dough into 6 triangles according to packet instructions.
- Prick each chipolata once or twice with a fork or the tip of a sharp knife. Place the chipolatas at the shortest edge of each dough triangle. Divide the caramelise onions between the triangle, spreading over the sausages.
- From the shortest edge, roll up the dough, over the filling to make croissants. Place on the baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and sausages are cooked through (check cooking times for sausages on pack). Serve hot.