Shallot, Pancetta and Mushroom Galette
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for shallot, pancetta and mushroom galette – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter puff pastry and garnished with chopped parsley.
- Jus-Rol™ All Butter Puff Pastry Block
- 120g Pancetta, diced
- 300g Shallots, peeled
- 100g Button mushrooms
- 50g Butter
- 25g Parsley, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten to glaze
- Salt & black pepper
- Heavy based frying pan
- Rolling Pin
- Sharp knife
- Baking paper
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan oven)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Dry fry the pancetta in a heavy based frying pan, once just cooked remove from pan with a slotted spoon and keep to one side.
- Add the butter and oil to the pan, heat and then add the peeled shallots. Cook until golden on outside and tender, turning frequently (approx. it will take 10 minutes). When the onions are nearly ready, add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes longer. Season, combine with the pancetta and allow to cool completely.
- Roll out the pastry large enough to cut out a 23-25 cm/9-10” disc. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Pile the onion mixture evenly over the pastry (you may have to halve the shallots if they are big) leaving a 2.5 cm/1” border all round. Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley, brush border with beaten egg and bake for approx. 20 minutes, until pastry is puffed and golden. Serve immediately . Buy ingredients online Send this recipe to your trolley Add to Basket Create a Shopping List Print, email, or view list on your mobile Add to Shopping List