Snowflake Pull Apart Chocolate & Cinnamon Bread
35 minutes bake time
This delicious pull-apart chocolate bread looks so impressive and is perfect for a festive family breakfast or brunch.
- 2 x 270g packs Jus-Rol™ Cinnamon Swirls
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- A little plain flour, for dusting
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Additional cinnamon butter (optional)
- Large baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Rolling pin
- Small glass or egg cup
- Pastry brush
- Wire rack
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof (or baking) paper and Unroll one pack of the cinnamon swirls dough.
- Sprinkle over half the chocolate and fold the dough on top. Place onto a flour dusted work surface and using a rolling pin, roll out to about 16cm square. Repeat with the other pack of dough. If there is any filling coming out of the sides after rolling, remove and spread onto one dough square. Use this as the bottom dough.
- Place one dough square on top of the other and cut out a 15cm circle using a bowl as a guide. Discard the trimmings or save for another use (see Tip).
- Place a small glass or egg cup in the centre on top of the dough stack and use as a guide to cut the dough for shaping. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 4 wedges from the edge of the glass or egg cup, then cut each wedge in half creating 8 wedges. Now cut each wedge in half again to make a total of 16.
- Remove the glass or egg cup. Lift the edges of 2 of the wedges that are next to each other and twist them away from each other twice. Pinch the ends to seal. Repeat with the remaining pairs of wedges to create a snowflake pattern. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack for 15 minutes. Make the icing from the packs up together following the instructions and drizzle over the warm bread. Serve.
- Mix up the chocolate and use dark and white together!
- Save the trimmings to make mini cinnamon chocolate buns. Roughly chop them up and divide between 6 holes in a muffin tray, Bake at the same temperature as the bread for only 20 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve warm dusted with icing sugar.