Spiced Orange Filo Flowers
12 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for spiced orange filo flowers – made with Jus-Rol’s filo pastry sheets and ready in 20 minutes.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ filo pastry sheets pack
- butter melted for brushing
- 1 orange zested, skin & pith removed, halved & sliced
- 8 fresh dates stones removed, cut into quarters
- Pastry Brush
- Mini Muffin Tins
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan ovens)/350ºF/Gas M4. Have ready a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Unroll stack of filo sheets, cut in half widthways and in 4 lengthways to give 8 equal squares per sheet.
- Layer up 3 filo squares at a time, with their points off set, brushing each lightly with melted butter as you layer. Press each ‘stack’ into a muffin form and proceed with remaining pastry.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown. Cool and store until required.
Filling – per case
- 1 orange slice
- 1 fresh date – stone removed and cut into quarters
- 1 dessertspoon ginger conserve
- Remove zest from orange and put to one side, then cut away all skin and pith and cut orange into half and then slice.
- Gently heat together the orange with the dates and conserve until fruit is hot.
- Place fruit into cases, return juices to heat and boil rapidly for 1-2 minutes then spoon the thickened juices over the fruit and garnish with a little of the orange zest.
- Serve immediately.