Spicy Sausage Plaits
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for spicy sausage plaits – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry and topped off with sautéed onions and sundried tomatoes.
- Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 1 onion small, diced
- 50g chorizo Diced
- 4 sun dried tomatoes pieces, diced
- 6 sausages premium, skinned
- 1tbsp oil
- Cooling Rack
- Pastry Brush
- Sharp knife
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted oven)/ Gas 7
- Gently sauté onion in oil until soft, stir in Chorizo and sundried tomato, add a little fresh thyme and allow to cool.
- Unroll pastry sheet and press sausage meat down the central 1/3 of the sheet, leaving a third of the sheet showing either side. Top with the onion mixture.
- With a sharp knife make diagonal cuts out from each side of the filling to the edges. (Angle of cuts is 4o’clock right hand side and 8o’clock left had side). Brush lightly with beaten egg, fold in ends then bring the side strips up alternately to lay over filling to give a plait effect.
- If desired brush pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until pastry is risen and golden brown.