Spooky Pumpkin Pastries
15 minutes bake time
Quick, easy and gluten-free, these Spooky Pumpkin Pastries are made for sharing. Packed with pumpkin puree and a hint of spice, serve these at your next ghoulish gathering!
- 2 Jus-Rol Gluten Free Puff Pastry
- 170g pumpkin puree
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Pastry Brush
- Baking tray
- Pumpkin shaped cookie cutter
- Wire cooling rack
- Preheat the oven to 180c (fan oven).
- Unroll the pastry and use the pumpkin cutter to cut out your pumpkin shape. Using half of the pumpkin shapes, carefully cut out a spooky face or gently score them.
- Mix all the ingredients together well to create a smooth filling. Add a tablespoon of the pumpkin filling to the middle of the pumpkin shaped pastry. Add one of the cut out spooky pumpkin faces on top and press the edges together with a fork.
- Add your spooky pumpkins onto a lined baking tray and gently brush them with your egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and well risen.
- Remove them from the oven and transfer them onto a wire rack until cool. Once cool, you are ready to eat them!