Mini Stilton, Walnut and Celery Quiches
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for stilton, walnut and celery mini quiches – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter shortcrust pastry and ready in just 20 minutes.
- 500g Jus-Rol, All butter shortcrust pastry
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 50g butter
- 3-4 sticks celery
- 200g stilton cheese
- 2 eggs
- 200ml single cream
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch nutmeg, grated
- 100g soft white cheese, crumbled
- 48 walnut pieces
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Cutter
- Shallow Tart Moulds
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC an assisted)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- oll out pastry, cut with cookie cutter and line tart moulds. You may need to do this in batches. Put to chill whilst making filling.
- Sauté the onion and 2 sticks of celery diced in the butter, allow to cool.
- Mix together the egg, cream and 1/3 the Stilton, then season with black pepper and nutmeg.
- Divide the cooled onion mix between the mini tart cases, carefully top with the cheese and egg mixture and bake for 15 minutes until set and the pastry is golden. Allow to cool.
- Cream together the remaining Stilton with the soft white cheese and use to top the tarts, garnish with the celery slice and half walnut.