Instead of crème patisserie we use a combination of mascarpone cheese and crème fraiche which makes the recipe quick to prepare.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Sweet Shortcrust Pastry Block Thawed
- 16-17 strawberries Halved
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 250g crème fraiche
- 50g caster sugar
- 4tbsp redcurrant jelly
- Rolling Pin
- 23cm Fluted tart Tin Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted), Gas 4
- Roll out pastry to line a 23cm fluted flan/tart tin or ring and bake blind for 15-20 mins until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Combine Mascarpone Cheese and Crème Fraiche and stir through caster sugar. Place in fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Spread cheese-crème mixture in tart case and arrange halved strawberries on top to cover.
- Melt redcurrant jelly in microwave or in saucepan and then rush liberally over strawberries and cheese-crème mix to give a glaze.
- Janet's Top Tip - add some liquor to the cheese-crème mixture for an extra kick.