Super Simple Salmon & Med Veg Pie
25 minutes bake time
Salmon and veggies packed in a pie. Made with puff pastry from Jus-Rol,
- 1 x 320g ready-rolled sheet Jus-Rol Puff Pastry
- 1 x 250g microwave rice sachet – plain, lemon or tomato flavour
- 150g hot smoked salmon, skinned
- 25g pitted olives, black or green
- 1 whole roasted pepper from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- 2tbsp chopped parsley
- 50g sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- 1 lemon, wedges, to serve
- Pastry Brush
- Baking tray
- Sharp knife
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted) Gas Mark 6. Unroll the pastry sheet onto a baking sheet.
- Spoon the rice down the middle third of the pastry. Flake over the salmon, dot over the olives and pepper. Scatter over the parsley and sundried tomatoes, then finally, season.
- Brush the pastry around the filling with some egg, then trim a square of pastry from each corner and discard. Use a knife to slice the two long sides into strips, fanning out from the filling. Fold the top and bottom ends of pastry over the filling, then alternate criss-crossing over the pastry strips to weave a plait over the top of the pie.
- Brush all over with more egg and bake for 25 minutes until golden, puffed and piping hot in the centre. Slice and serve with the lemon wedges.