Sweet Chilli Chicken Puffs
25 minutes bake time
Find out how to make sweet chilli chicken puffs with this easy recipe – chicken breasts wrapped in Jus-Rol puff pastry, they’re quick but delicious.
- 1 pack Jus-Rol™ Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 red peppers diced
- 1 tbsp chilli oil or olive oil
- Chicken breast fillets approx. 160g each in weight
- 1 beaten egg to glaze
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Medium sized pan
- Pastry cutters
- Pastry Brush
- Sharp knife
- Baking tray
- Follow pastry preparation instructions. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas M6.
- In a medium sized pan gently heat the oil and sauté the onion and peppers until just tender, stir in the sweet chilli sauce and allow to cool.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut in two equal halves across its length.
- With a short side of one of the pastry pieces nearest you, place a quarter of the pepper mixture on the lower half, spreading in an even layer but leaving a border all round of 2 cm. Place one chicken breast fillet on top and then top that with a further quarter of the pepper mixture.
- Brush the pastry border with beaten egg, fold over the uncovered part of the pastry to cover the filling and press the edges together firmly to seal. Trim the 3 cut edges with a sharp knife and knock up edges to seal. Make a couple of slits in the top of the parcel and brush with beaten egg to glaze. Repeat with remaining pastry, chicken and pepper mixture.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until pastry is risen and beautifully golden brown. Serve hot.