Sweetheart Raspberry Tart
60 minutes bake time
Try this delicious sweetheart raspberry tart recipe for a sweet and tasty dessert on Valentines. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry.
- 1 x 500g block Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry
- A little flour
- 350g raspberry jam
- 250g raspberries
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 50g icing sugar
- Rolling Pin
- 20cm round loose bottomed tart tin
- Foil or greaseproof paper
- Baking Beans
- Heart shaped cutter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven) Gas Mark 4. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry on a lightly floured surface until big enough to line a shallow, 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Trim the edges to neaten. Line the pastry with foil or greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and cook for 10 minutes more until golden.
- Mix the raspberry jam and raspberries with the cornflour, and spread over the tart.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and use a heart-shaped cutter to stamp out lots of hearts. Dot them all over the top and put back in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry hearts are golden. Dust with the icing sugar and bake for 3 minutes more. Lift from the tin, dust with more of the icing sugar and enjoy cold.