Makes 14 canapés
10 minutes bake time
Individual tomato canapés with fresh basil leaves. Baked with Jus-Rol filo pastry sheets!
- 1 x 270g Jus-Rol Filo Pastry sheets
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- Flaked sea salt
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven) Gas mark 4
- Slice the tomatoes in half horizontally, place on a baking tray, cut side up, sprinkle with salt and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lay a sheet of filo on a clean work surface and brush with melted butter, lay a second sheet on top and brush with melted butter. Cut the pastry in half horizontally and cut each half into 4, so you have 8 squares. Cover the filo with a clean, damp tea towel until you are ready to use it, to prevent it from drying out.
- Pick up a square of filo and place in the hole of a mini muffin tray, making sure you push down into the edges. Take another square and lay in the opposite direction, so the points are off set, repeat with the remaining filo. With the 7th sheet of filo, simply brush with butter, fold in half and cut into 4.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the filo is cooked and golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, add 2 or 3 halved tomatoes to each filo cup and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- For a flavour bomb, sit the roasted tomatoes on a spoonful of black olive tapenade!
- The filo cases can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days!
- You can halve the amount of tomatoes and fill half of the filo cups with a sweet filling of your choice!