Traditional apple pie
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious traditional apple pie recipe – a Sunday dessert classic. Made with Jus-Rol all butter shortcrust pastry and spiced with cinnamon.
- Jus-Rol™ All Butter Shortcrust Pastry Block
- 1 kg Cooking apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 1 Lemon, juice and rind
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 100g Caster sugar, plus a little extra sugar for dredging
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 10 ml Water, for brushing
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Pie Dish
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan assisted)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Divide the pastry in half and roll out one to line a shallow pie plate. Put pastry to chill whilst you prepare the apples.
- Toss the apples with the lemon rind and juice, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Pile into the pastry base.
- Roll out remaining pastry and use to top the pie, using trimmings for decoration as desired. Brush with water and dredge lightly with remaining sugar, bake for 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
- we cut out rounds of pastry with a small cutter and then added stalks to give an ‘apple’ motif