15 minutes bake time
Simple & traditional tarts made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry sheets. This is sure to be a hit every time!
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Shortcrust pastry sheet
- 100g fresh, white breadcrumbs
- 350g golden syrup
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C (fan)/Gas 6
- Unroll the pastry and using a 7.5cm/3″ cutter, cut out 12 discs and line the base of a muffin tray.
- Add the syrup to a small pan and heat gently. Stir in the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and juice before setting aside to cool.
- Spoon the mixture into the tart cases, so they are half full. For a traditional look, decorate the top of each tart with pastry strips cut from the trimmings and form into a lattice design.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Don’t overfill the pastry cases as the filling will spill over the edges.
- The tarts are delicious served warm with custard!