Triple Berry Filo Tart
10 minutes bake time
Rich & decadent filo tart with fresh berries & crème fraiche for added indulgence. This dish is made with Jus-Rol filo pastry sheets.
- 1 x 270g Jus-Rol Filo Pastry Sheets (you will need 5 of the 7 sheets for this recipe)
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g half fat crème fraiche
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tblsp caster sugar (to taste, optional)
- 400g mixed fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- Icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C for fan assisted/ Gas 4
- Unroll the filo sheets, lay one sheet out on a clean work surface and cover the remaining pastry with a clean, damp tea towel.
- Brush the filo sheet with melted butter, making sure you go to the edges. Take another sheet of filo and careful lay on top, making sure it lines up as much as possible. Cut the sheets in half widthways. Repeat this process so you have 8 pieces.
- Lay a section of filo inside a 20cm flan tin, allowing it to overhang by 3cm. Take another piece and lay in the tin in the opposite direction, so their points are off set. Continue adding the sheets of pastry, ensuring that they cover the bottom of the tin, pushing into the edges as you go.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the tin. Cool and store until required.
- Just before serving, combine the crème fraiche with the vanilla and caster sugar and spoon into the bottom of the filo pastry case. Prepare the fruit and pile on top.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- As you only need 4 of the 7 sheets of filo pastry in this recipe, you can either freeze the leftover pastry for another day, or you can use the pastry to make individual tarts in a muffin tray!
- Why not stir 2 tablespoons of lemon curd through the crème fraiche for a really fresh alternative.
- Diary free yoghurt works really well too!
- For a real show stopping dessert, drizzle melted white chocolate over the fruit before serving!