Turkey, Bacon and Almond Parcels
18 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for turkey, bacon and almond parcels – made with Jus-Rol’s puff pastry and garnished with lemon rind.
- 1 x 500g Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry block
- 3 bacon rashers, de-rinded and chopped
- 1 red onion medium, diced
- 40g butter
- 1 lemon juiced and rind of 1/2 a lemon
- 50g almonds flaked & scattered
- A pinch of Salt & black pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 eggs beaten to glaze
- 1 turkey diced
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC for fan assisted ovens)/Gas M 7.
- Lightly sauté the diced bacon and onions in butter until cooked, scatter in most of the flaked almonds, stir well then allow to cool.
- Combine the diced cooked turkey with the bacon and onion mixture, the juice and rind of the lemon, seasonings and thyme.
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle approximately 30cm/16” square and cut into 9 equal squares.
- Divide the turkey mixture between the squares. To form the parcels, lightly brush the borders with beaten egg, then bring up the corners to meet in the middle, pressing the edges together firmly to seal.
- Brush with beaten egg and scatter with remaining flaked almonds. Repeat with all parcels then place on a baking tray and bake for 15- 18 minutes until risen and golden brown. Serve hot or cold.